Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Weigh-In Wednesday: Week 3 (and 2)

OCTOBER 28, 2015

I promise I am not a flake and I also promise that I didn't skip Week 2 because I gained.  Truth is life happens and there are other things higher on my list of priorities and I can't always get to the blog, but I assure you I will try my best to stay consistent.

WHAT HAPPENED TO WEEK 2?


Life kicked in and I got super busy.  Once Wednesday slips away my OCD kicks in and I just can't fathom making my Weigh-In Wednesday post on Thursday, I JUST CAN'T!  So, my heading for Week 2 was going to be "Whose bright idea was it to make Weigh-In Wednesday fall after Taco Tuesday?"  Such is life (and sometimes life is tacos).  So Taco Tuesday happens, as it happens nearly every Tuesday because I love to cook and I love Mexican-inspired dishes.  My goal is to take traditional favorites and lighten them up.  Unfortunately, no matter how light I make them there still is the possibility of overeating.  It happens.  So Week 2 I had a gain of 0.2 pounds.  Although it is never fun to see the scale go up, it is always a learning experience of what changes you can make in your day-to-day life to keep the scale going down.  It is always tough, but try not to beat yourself up over a gain, no matter how big or small it is.  Just tell yourself you can do better and prove it to yourself.

Week 2

WEEK 3

So for Week 3 I set a goal to move more as my workouts have been fizzling the past couple weeks (or months).  I stepped up my game a little, but I still found myself talking my way out of working out.  I had a really good workout on Thursday, where I was full of energy and didn't want to stop.  The Friday my body was aching and I talked myself out of another workout.  Leading up to Wednesday, my workouts have been fizzling again, not very intense, sort of taking the easy way out and not accomplishing what I set out to do this week.  So I will try again to impress myself for Week 4.  It's all about trying and trying and trying and never giving up, and that's what I am going to do.  I did lose 0.8 pounds, which is great and what I deserved from the effort I put in this past week.  It takes a while to get back into the swing of things.  I'm looking forward to Week 4!! 

Week 3


No comments:

Post a Comment